College planning is a complex process and the amount of assistance families need for college selection, applications, and financial planning varies. I offer a choice of “packages” designed to meet the unique needs of students and families. My hourly rate is $110.*
Initial Family Meeting: $110 due at meeting
The Comprehensive (40 hours)
This package is the best option for students and families looking for in-depth college planning guidance. It may be customized to meet the specific college planning needs and objectives for the student and family.
Step-by-step counseling may include:
- Exploring interests and skills
- Determining a major
- Creating a balanced college list
- Supporting student athletes
- Encouraging students with learning differences
- Guiding those seeking highly competitive colleges
- Organizing a checklist and timeline
- Preparing for college visits and admission interviews
- Developing application essays
- Completing and submitting college applications
- Analyzing financial aid offers
The Essentials Plus (20 hours)
This package is the best option for highly motivated and focused students who have family support, and are willing and able to work efficiently and independently between our planning meetings.
With this package, students typically receive coaching and assistance in college research, balanced college list creation, essay development, application preparation and submission.
The Essentials (10 hours)
This package is for students and families who only need support at specific points of the process. Examples include creating a balanced college list, developing essays, or positioning themselves for the best financial aid offers.
Just One Essential (5 hours)
This package is designed for students and families who only need support for one essential aspect of the college planning process. Typical examples include creating a balanced college list or proofing and editing essays only.*Rates are guaranteed through December 2018.